What is VID Number?
VID number is Virtual ID, it is a 16 digit random number that is revocable. The VID number is mapped with the aadhaar number and can be regenerated many times by the holders. The VID number is valid for one day, it is used for online KYC and authentication transactions. The Aadhar VID number can be used instead of giving your aadhaar number for any online verification or services.
Features of Aadhar VID:
- An individual can generate the aadhaar VID number without any limits. The only limit is that an individual can generate the Virtual ID again after 24 hours of generating the ID.
- VID number will be valid till the individual user does not generate the new virtual ID.
- The Aadhar virtual ID was started to prevent the misuse of the personal details of an individual. Agencies don’t have permission to store or copy the data of individuals aadhaar.
- Aadhar VID number can be generated by the aadhaar number holder only.
What is the use of Aadhar Virtual ID?
A VID allows a user to go through the Aadhaar biometric ID program verification process without exposing their 12-digit Aadhaar ID number to other parties. When validating an individual's identification, a VID can be used in place of their Aadhaar number. It is possible to undertake authentication using the VID in the same way as Aadhaar is done after the 16-digit number is produced. According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the body in charge of providing the Aadhaar number and card, it is not feasible to obtain the Aadhaar number from a VID.
How to Generate Aadhar VID Number?
It takes minutes to generate a virtual ID on our website, but only the aadhaar holder may use it. If you want to generate your aadhar VID online, just follow these simple steps:
- To begin, go to the homepage of our website.
- To access this information, select "My aadhaar" from the drop-down menu.
- The "Virtual ID (VID) Generator" option may be found under aadhaar services. That should be clicked.
- Input your 12-digit aadhaar number and fill out the security code/captcha will open a new page.
- Click on transmit OTP once you've finished filling out the fields. An OTP will be sent to the cellphone number you registered with.
- When prompted, type in the one-time password (OTP) and click Generate.
- Your virtual 16-digit ID will be shown on your screen.
- Check and note to Aadhar vid number.
Aadhar VID Fees:
Virtual ID for aadhaar can be generated online without any charges. An individual who holds an aadhaar card can generate the virtual ID for free, there are no charges for generating the virtual ID. If any website or anyone asks you to pay for generating the virtual ID kindly report it.
The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has started this service for free, you can generate your virtual ID through our website without any charges. The steps to generate the virtual ID number are mentioned in this blog. You can read it and follow the same steps to get your aadhaar virtual ID.
How to Get Aadhaar VID Number?
- Only the person who has an Aadhaar number can generate a VID. As long as their VID is still valid, they can replace it (create a new VID) (currently set as 1 calendar day, that is a new VID be generated after 00:00 hrs on the next day).
- Only one VID will ever be associated with a single Aadhaar number. Holders of Aadhaar numbers will have several choices from UIDAI to generate their VID, recover their VID if they forget it, and change their VID with a new number. UIDAI's resident site, eAadhaar download, Aadhaar Enrolment center, and the mAadhaar mobile app will all make these choices available to residents. For the time being, UIDAI's resident portal offers the ability to generate VIDs.
- Whenever a VID is needed, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile phone of the inhabitants. Sending an SMS to the Aadhaar helpline number 1947 generates a VID as well. Using the registered Mobile Number, residents must text "GVIDLast 4 digits of Aadhaar number" to 1947.
Benefits of Using Aadhaar Virtual Id:
- Access to the necessary information. This safeguards the crucial information from being misused.
- As a result, government entities would have less work to do in terms of obtaining Aadhaar numbers and may use them for KYC instead.
- Because Virtual ID is revocable, there is very little likelihood of a duplicate being created.
How can I use Virtual ID (VID) to Download My Aadhaar Card Online?
This is a relatively new option, but it's easy to use your Virtual ID (VID) to get your UIDAI Aadhaar card:
- Select the 'Virtual ID (VID)' option when offered a choice.
- Type in the virtual identification number, which is a 16-digit number.
- Fill up your complete name and your registered address's pin code.
- To obtain an electronic copy of your Aadhaar card, do steps 6 through 10 in the first guide.
How can I get my Aadhaar Card if I don't have a Registered Phone Number?
Citizens of India who have not yet registered their cellphone number can get their Aadhaar card by going to the UIDAI website and logging in. There is a common misunderstanding that downloading an Aadhaar card without a mobile number is impossible. For individuals who do not have their cellphone number registered, the process has gotten simpler and easier. Even if you don't have a smartphone, you can use Aadhaar services. The offline service can be accessed by sending an SMS from the registered mobile phone number.
Aadhaar is a fantastic service offered by the Indian government for a new level of identity verification. The Aadhaar is part of the "Digital India" programme, which provides a slew of service advantages, as well as a slew of social benefits and subsidies. For Indian people all throughout the nation, the Aadhaar card serves as the most prevalent form of identification.
Steps to Download Aadhaar Card without Mobile Number:
Step 1: Go to the aadhar card website eadharcard.com.
Step 2: From the main page, select the ‘My Aadhaar' option.
Step 3: Select ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint' from the ‘My Aadhaar' menu.
Step 4: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, also known as a Unique Identification Number (UID) or a Virtual Identification Number (VID).